This is a selection of the seminars and conferences at which I have been invited to speak:
- Panopto EMEA Conference, London: (Nov 2017): Lightning talk on ‘Making Lecture Capture Accessible for Deaf students’
- United Learning Mobile Learning conferences (Nov 2013): Opening keynote
- ALT-C (Sep 2013) – “I don’t think I would be where I am right now.” Pupil perspectives on using mobile devices for learning. (also published in Research in Learning Technology Journal)
- BETT (Feb 2013) – Should pupils be allowed mobile devices in the classroom?
- IATEFL (Harrogate, April 2006): Using interactive Technologies in Teaching and Learning English as a Foreign Language.
- Primary Languages Show (Manchester, March 06): Using Interactive Technologies with Young Language Learners
- Conference for Sustainable Development (Beijing, November 2005) Keynote speaker: “The Role of ICT in Education for Sustainable Development”
- Service Children’s Education ICT conference (Germany): Speaker at annual conference
- The Education Show (London, September 2004): Beyond the interactive whiteboard – a whole-class approach to ICT
- BETT (2003 and 2004) – Seminars given on the use of interactive whiteboards in schools
- ITTE, Trinity and All Saints University College (Leeds, July 2003)
‘Effective use of interactive whiteboards in the classroom; implications for teacher training.’
- Learning Lab Conference, (University of Wolverhampton, June 2003)
’Researching the Use of Interactive Whiteboards in whole class teaching’ – presented jointly with Diana Bannister (Midlands Leadership Centre)
- EuroCALL (Finland, 2002) ‘Effective Use of Interactive Whiteboards in the Languages Classroom’